Holy Cross offers a breadth of ministries that encourages the full, active, and conscious participation of all joining in prayer. The liturgical ministries develop ways to enhance prayer at Mass and in other celebrations throughout the Church year. For more information, contact the Liturgy office at: (831) 423-4973.
JOURNEY WITH ST. MARY MAGDALENE
You are invited to view the photo album: Journey with St. Mary Magdalene
Evening Prayer and Labyrinth in celebration of the Feast of St. Mary Magdalene
Message from bannerdays:
Ziggy Rendler-Bregman’s beautiful reflection on the gospel of John invited us to “turn around,” like St. Mary Magdalene, who “saw Jesus there.” Patricia Shubeck showed us what that meant as she walked the labyrinth, turning always to Christ at the center. Followed through the labyrinth by Mary Thomas and Rosie Julin and finally, all those gathered to celebrate, it was a communal – and deeply felt – experience of Mary Magdalene’s journey to Christ. Join us through these photos as we walk with her.
- Liturgy Committee: 423-4973
- Lectors: 426-7058
- Eucharistic Ministers: 459-0654
- English Altar Servers: 423-4973
- Hispanic Altar Servers: 462-3154
- Choirs: 423-4973
- Art/Environment Committee: 427-1644
Calendar, Schedules & Rehearsals
- Monthly Calendar
- Altar Servers Schedule
- Choir Rehearsals
- Lectors Schedule
Mondays in the Mission Chapel:
- 9:15 a.m. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- 12:10 p.m. Midday Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours
- 7:00 p.m. Rosary (Spanish)
- 8:00 p.m. Contemplative Prayer
As our web site is developed, we will begin posting schedules for altar servers, lectors and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion on this page.
Holy Cross has four choirs and a bell choir that serve in the ministry of music. Our Junior Choir, comprised of students in grades 3-8, meets weekly during the school year. Junior Choir rehearsal is followed by rehearsal for Youth Cantors and Handbell Choir. The choirs meet on Tuesday afternoons from 3-4:45. Members of our Hispanic Choir minister at the 12:30 Sunday Mass and rehearse on Tuesday evenings. The 8:30 Mass Choir rehearsal is on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9, and our Contemporary Choir and instrumental ensemble gather for practice on Thursday evenings from 7-8:30. All groups rehearse in Room 101 in the 210 High St. Building. New members are always welcome, and no auditions are required. Please call Sister Barbara at 423-4973 for more information about Holy Cross’s Music Ministries.
Every baptized person is called to ministry. Holy Cross offers a number of ways in which persons who are called to liturgical ministry may serve.
Our Liturgy Committee meets monthly and helps to prepare the major liturgies of the Church year, as well as serving as a consultative and advisory board on liturgical matters. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in Liturgy and is willing to study and work as a member of the Liturgy Preparation Team.
- Young persons are encouraged to become Altar Servers. Formation classes are offered several times during the year.
- Teens and Adults with a gift for proclaiming the Word of God are invited to become Lectors.
- Classes are also periodically offered for those who wish to serve as Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
- Washing and ironing the altar linens is a liturgical ministry of service. Persons who assist in this ministry generally serve for one month during the year.
- Anyone who likes to arrange flowers or who is artistically gifted is invited to serve on our Art and Environment Committee.
Please call 423-4973 for more information about any of our liturgical ministries.